What is Pu ‘erh tea
Chinese Pu ‘erh tea is divided into raw tea and cooked tea by fermentation. Pu ‘erh cooked tea is made from Yunnan big-leaf sun-cured green tea as raw material and processed by the process of pile fermentation. The color is maroon, the taste is pure and harmonious, and has a unique fragrance of aging.
Pu ‘erh cooked tea is mild in nature and has health care functions such as nourishing stomach, protecting stomach, warming stomach, lowering blood fat, and reducing weight.
4 key points on how to select Chinese Pu ‘erh tea
The four keys to selecting Chinese Pu ‘erh tea are “clear, pure, positive and vigorous”:
Pu ‘erh cooked tea
The first is to smell the tea clearly, no matter whether it is raw or cooked, new or old, good or bad, shape or price, the first thing is to smell the tea. After aging and fermentation, Chinese Pu ‘erh tea must have an aging flavor, but it should not have a musty taste. musty taste means that the storage space is damp or too wet and not ventilated. The so-called stale but not mouldy, the stale flavor will dissipate with the heat when making tea, and the mouldy flavor is the smell that comes out from the bad quality of tea, which is affected by moisture from inside to outside and becomes mouldy;
The second is to distinguish the color of tea. Before brewing the tea, first smell it to see if it has a clear taste (no peculiar smell or bad smell), and then bubble it. When Chinese Pu ‘erh tea is stored under normal conditions, even if it is stored for 30 or 50 years, or even 100 years, the color of tea (tea soup) will never turn black or produce strange taste;
The third is to keep it in its proper place. Pu ‘erh is stored in a clean, ventilated and odor-free environment;
Fourth, tea is good at absorbing the flavor nearby. The tea gas can be used to judge the aging environment and oxidation time of tea.
China’s Pu ‘erh tea market is not perfect, and there are few tea merchants who can identify China’s Pu ‘erh tea, and many tea sellers can not distinguish its true quality. Driven by the interests, those who take the name of the old brand, India tea have it. The rare Pu ‘erh tea that has been around for 20 years, 30 years, even 50 or 60 years is also drinking more and more. There are also many tea merchants who store tea products in a dark, high humidity environment to accelerate their aging. Artificial sprinkling often leads to mildew and deterioration of tea. After the tea quickly deteriorates, the tea cake is air-dried, so that the “wet warehouse tea” like the aged Pu ‘erh can be obtained in a short time.
There is no musty smell. After tea brewing, the tea soup is reddish brown and has no peculiar smell. Then you can enjoy it with confidence. It looks like mildew. It may be your illusion. Because the buds and leaves of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea are extremely plump and hairy, the processed tea is densely covered with white hair. At first glance, it looks like mildew.
What are the effects of drinking Chinese Pu ‘erh tea regularly:
First of all, Chinese Pu ‘erh tea is mild in nature, nourishing the stomach, protecting the stomach and warming the stomach. This is particularly obvious for cooked Chinese Pu ‘erh tea. Generally, light fermented tea has “unbearable lightness” for tea lovers, especially for modern people who drink tea all day and eat abnormally. Under the long-term immersion of caffeine and tannic acid, they often have the pain of purgation and scraping the stomach. I believe that many people have experienced it personally
Second, Chinese Pu ‘erh tea can reduce blood lipids. Many medical experiments have proved that drinking Chinese Pu ‘erh tea continuously can reduce blood lipids by up to 30% (depending on the individual). 20 patients with excessive blood lipids were given three bowls of Yunnan Tuo tea a day at the Mordor Hospital in Cretaey. After one month, it was found that the blood fat of the patients decreased by almost 1/4, while the blood fat of the patients who drank the same amount of other tea had no significant change [Professor Bernard Jakto, Henri Lendo Hospital in Paris]. From this, we can see the special effect of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea in reducing blood fat
Third, the reduction of blood lipids will naturally bring about the effect of weight loss. In daily life, it is often mentioned that the effect of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea on weight loss is not obvious, while some people say that the effect is significant. This contradiction comes from individual differences and different understanding of obesity. If the blood lipids are not high, drinking Chinese Pu ‘erh tea will not reduce blood lipids
Maipu believes that the above three effects of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea are relatively obvious. In fact, as early as in the Compendium of Materia Medica, there is a record of “bitter taste of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea, detoxification of greasy cattle and sheep poison, and purging of intestines”, which mentions the efficacy of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea in reducing fat and weight loss
The main active ingredients of cooked Chinese Pu ‘erh tea (natural fermentation of raw tea is the same) are black tea element (TR), yellow tea element (TF), tea brown element (TB), gallic acid and vitamin C. Due to the role of microorganisms in the processing process, the transformation of macromolecular polysaccharides into a large number of new soluble monosaccharides and oligosaccharides, and the multiplication of vitamin C in the fermentation process of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea, these substances play an important role in improving the function of human immune system.
In addition, traditional Chinese medicine also believes that Chinese Pu ‘erh tea has the functions of clearing heat, relieving heat, detoxifying, digesting, removing greasy, diuretic, defecating, removing phlegm, dispelling wind and relieving the exterior, relieving cough and promoting fluid production, benefiting qi, and prolonging life. After all, it takes some processing to treat tea as medicine The conclusion of the research on the efficacy of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea in modern medicine is even more exaggerated, that is, Chinese Pu ‘erh tea has more than 20 effects, such as warming the stomach, reducing weight, reducing fat, preventing arteriosclerosis, preventing coronary heart disease, reducing blood pressure, anti-aging, anti-cancer, reducing blood sugar, bacteriostasis and anti-inflammatory, reducing smoke toxicity, reducing heavy metal toxicity, anti-radiation, anti-caries, brightening the eyes, helping digestion, anti-poison, preventing constipation, and anti-alcohol, among which, warming the stomach, reducing weight, reducing fat The effect of preventing arteriosclerosis, preventing coronary heart disease, lowering blood pressure, anti-aging, anti-cancer and lowering blood sugar is particularly prominent
- Reduce blood fat, lose weight, reduce blood pressure, and resist arteriosclerosis. Dr. Emile Karobi, clinical teaching director of the San Antonio Medical College in Paris, France, used the clinical trial of Yunnan Puer Tuo Tea to prove that “Yunnan Chinese Puer Tea has a good effect on reducing the content of lipid compounds and cholesterol”. Kunming Medical College of China also conducted 55 clinical trials of Yunnan Puer Tuo Tea in the treatment of hyperlipidemia, and compared with 31 cases treated with the drug Antoine, which has a good effect on reducing blood fat, The efficacy of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea is higher than that of Antoine. Long-term drinking of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea can reduce cholesterol and glyceride, so long-term drinking of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea has the function of treating obesity. Drinking of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea can cause physiological effects such as vasodilation, blood pressure reduction, heart rate reduction and brain blood flow reduction, so it has a good therapeutic effect on patients with hypertension and cerebral arteriosclerosis
- Cancer prevention and anticancer. Professor Liang Mingda and Professor Hu Meiying have studied the anticancer effect of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea for more than ten years by using cell culture and electronic industrial microscope methods. They found that Chinese Pu ‘erh tea has the strongest effect on killing cancer cells, even when the concentration of ordinary people drinking tea is 1%. Drinking Chinese Pu ‘erh tea can prevent cancer
- Nourish the stomach and protect the stomach. At the appropriate concentration, drinking the peaceful Chinese Pu ‘erh tea will not stimulate the stomach. The thick, smooth and mellow Chinese Pu ‘erh tea will enter the human stomach and form a membrane attached to the surface of the stomach, which will produce a beneficial protective layer for the stomach. Drinking the Chinese Pu ‘erh tea for a long time can play a role in nourishing and protecting the stomach
- Tooth protection. Chinese Pu ‘erh tea contains many physiological active ingredients, which have the effect of sterilization and disinfection. Professor Cao Jin of Hunan Medical University tested the ability of Pu ‘erh Tooth Tea to inhibit the adhesion of Proteus, and found that Pu ‘erh Tooth Tea has the effect of anti-bacterial plaque formation, and the concentration of 1% is the best
- Anti-inflammatory, bactericidal and dysentery treatment. Medical research and clinical experiments have proved that Yunnan Chinese Pu ‘erh tea has bacteriostatic effect, and the concentrated tea juice taken ten times a day can treat bacterial dysentery, which is directly related to the rich tea polyphenols contained in Yunnan big-leaf seed tea
- Anti-aging. Catechin compounds in tea have anti-aging effect. The total amount of catechins in Yunnan big-leaf tea is higher than that of other tea varieties, and the anti-aging effect is better than that of other tea varieties. At the same time, during the processing of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea, macromolecular polysaccharides are converted into a large number of new soluble monosaccharide and oligosaccharides, and vitamin C is multiplied. These substances play an important role in improving the function of human immune system, It has the effect of keeping fit and prolonging life.
It can eliminate meat, expel wind and phlegm, relieve heat, detoxify, produce saliva, and quench thirst. It can be used to treat stomachache, dry cholera and dysentery.
What are the health effects of drinking Chinese Pu ‘erh tea regularly:
- Help digestion.
- Refresh your mind.
- Extend life.
- Reduce blood fat and lose weight.
- Clear eyes.
- Diuretic and detumescence.
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Anti-arterial sclerosis.
- Reduce blood pressure and prevent hypertension.
- Prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease.
- Anti-radiation, such as television radiation.
- Calm and calm.
- It can cure diabetes.
- Beauty effect.
- Prevention and treatment of anemia.
- Anti-fatigue and anti-fatigue effect
- sober up and detoxify alcohol.
- Soak and quench thirst.
- Prevent and fight cancer.
- Increase Qi and strength.
- Antibacterial and anti-diarrhea.
- Increase the body’s adaptability.
- Anti tuberculosis.
- Remove odor and bad breath.
- Increase white blood cells and treat leukopenia.
- Protect teeth.
- Adjust the acid-base balance of body fluid.
- External use: anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, etc.
- Improve immunity.
What is the difference between raw tea and cooked tea?
After picking, the tea is fermented in a natural way, and its nature is more stimulating. After many years, the tea will turn mild. Good old Pu ‘erh is usually made in this way.
The scientific method is used to artificially ferment the tea to make it mild and make the tea soft and tasty. Take 1973 as the dividing point.
Pu ‘erh raw tea and Pu ‘erh cooked tea are two kinds of tea with different quality and style. It is strictly forbidden to store raw tea and cooked tea together. This is because:
- The aroma types of raw tea and cooked tea are different
The aroma types of raw tea and cooked tea are different and have the characteristics of changing with the storage time. The raw tea of Pu ‘erh is mostly fragrant, lotus, delicate, chestnut and aged; Pu ‘erh cooked tea is mainly composed of ginseng, bean, aged, jujube and camphor. Due to the different types of aroma, if Pu ‘erh raw tea and cooked tea are mixed and stored, the aroma substances will inevitably cross absorb, cover up or change each other, and it is difficult to obtain pure and natural aroma.
- The color of “tea residue” at the leaf bottom of raw tea and cooked tea is different
The color of “tea residue” at the leaf bottom of raw tea and cooked tea is different from that of raw tea, and gradually changes from light green – light yellow – apricot yellow – dark yellow – yellowish brown – reddish brown as the storage time deepens. However, the leaf bottom color of Pu ‘erh ripe tea with better fermentation degree is generally “pig liver color”, and gradually changes to dark brown with the increase of storage years. If Pu ‘erh raw tea and cooked tea are mixed and stored, scattered tea leaves are mixed with each other, even if the bottom of the leaves is “mixed with flowers”, the value of stored tea will also be affected.
How to brew and quote Chinese Pu ‘erh tea?
Pu ‘erh has long been known as the top weight-loss tea. A cup of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea after each meal can effectively stimulate your metabolism and accelerate fat decomposition. Many medical experiments have proved that drinking Chinese Pu ‘erh tea continuously can reduce blood lipids by nearly 30%
Chinese Pu ‘erh tea is closely related to fat metabolism. According to the research data, because of its unique fermentation process, it can improve the function of enzymes to decompose waist and abdomen fat. Aspergillus in Chinese Pu ‘erh tea contains a small amount of lipolytic enzyme, which is effective for lipolysis. Post-fermentation of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea by yeast can inhibit weight gain and reduce cholesterol and triglyceride in blood.
- Want to keep fit and maintain weight: brew Chinese Pu ‘erh tea every day to replace all drinks, replace soup with tea and water with tea, forbid drinking other drinks, and eat other meals normally.
- Want to lose weight: Chinese Pu ‘erh tea can only be used as an assistant to lose weight, and proper exercise should be combined with healthy diet to achieve the effect of losing weight.
- In case of social entertainment and other meals, if you don’t want to absorb too much heat, you can drink Chinese Pu ‘erh tea with your meal. If it is inconvenient to stay outside, please drink it as soon as possible after the meal is over, preferably not more than two hours, the sooner the more effective; If you drink tea in a teahouse, you’d better order Chinese Pu ‘erh tea.
Drink between meals or match with 3 meals. Make sure to use boiling water to brew Chinese Pu ‘erh tea.
8 grams of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea is brewed with 150 ml of hot boiled water, and the water temperature is 90-100. The raw tea is slightly lower than the cooked tea, and the brewing time should not be too long. The soup can be brewed for 5-10 seconds in the first few days. Even the cooked Pu ‘erh tea has certain irritation to the stomach, and it is not suitable to drink on an empty stomach, and it is not suitable to have too thick tea soup; It is relative that the longer the Pu ‘erh is, the better it is. The key point is that the quality of tea itself determines the quality of tea.
Pu ‘erh cooked tea
Due to the processing technology, it is suggested that when drinking Chinese Pu ‘erh tea, the first step of tea washing should not be omitted, that is, boiling water for the first time to make tea for 10-30 seconds, and pouring out the water. When you eat something very greasy, you can drink Chinese Pu ‘erh tea. A good Pu ‘erh tea can produce saliva and quench thirst. It also has a certain health care effect, and also has an auxiliary effect on weight loss.
The cooked tea also depends on whether it is pressed tea, loose tea or tea head, such as cake tea. It is not recommended to boil and drink raw pu, but soak and cook cooked pu. Different levels of loose tea have different impact resistance. The loose tea tastes faster, and it is not so strong compared with the pressed tea and the tea head. So it is generally OK to use a large cup or a pot and a covered bowl. But don’t stew for too long, try to make the soup faster. Squeeze tea is also known as cake tea, brick tea and tuo tea. Cooked tea is seldom made of one bite. Most of them are tundish core and outside sprinkling. Therefore, it is better to break it off with your hands when washing, so that the taste is more uniform, and there are three layers on the surface, inside and bottom. The first few bubbles can be slightly frothy for a while, so that the tea can be soaked thoroughly. If you wake up after washing the tea, you can not frothy. After about three bubbles, the soup starts to come out normally. And pour out the water in the pot every time. Don’t leave a bubble of tea in it.
What are the characteristics of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea：
What is the aroma of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea？
The aroma type of Pu ‘erh ripe tea is basically the same as that of other teas. The difference is that the aroma of Pu ‘erh ripe tea after “Wodui fermentation” is unique. The general rule is: “Take the aged aroma as the leading factor and penetrate the special aroma of other plants”.
The “water vapor” of Pu ‘erh ripe tea produced for about half a year has basically disappeared, and the “old fragrance” has gradually become the dominant flavor. At this time, the aroma types are complicated and varied due to the difference of raw materials and the change of storage environment, mainly including “jujube flavor”, “ginseng flavor”, “fruit flavor”, “longan flavor”, “betel nut flavor”, etc.
More than one year old Pu ‘erh ripe tea has a strong fragrance and a pure fragrance. Affected by different storage environments, the aroma types are complex, including “camphor”, “cinnamon”, “jujube”, etc.
The specific aroma of Pu ‘erh ripe tea includes the fragrance of aging, lotus, caramel, sweet, ginseng, jujube, longan, etc.
What are the soup colors of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea?
- Hongyan: The soup is Hongyan and not bright. It is a sign that the fermentation degree of cooked tea is relatively low. The leaf bottom is dark red and green, and the taste is often bitter.
- Hongliang: The tea soup is not very thick, red, transparent and shiny. It is called “red bright”, and those with weak luster are called red bright. When observing the leaf bottom, it is mostly dark red and slightly yellow, and the taste is “strong”.
- Red thick: the soup is red and dark, slightly black, and not bright. Observe the leaf bottom, which is mostly reddish brown and soft, and the taste is mellow.
- Red and brown: the soup is red and thick, purple and black in red, uniform and bright, and fresh. Observe the leaf bottom, it is mostly brown and less soft, and the taste is mellow.
- Brown: the tea soup is black and purple, red and bright, with a sense of freshness. Observe the leaf bottom, the color is mostly dark brown and hard, and the taste is mellow.
- Dark brown: the tea soup is dark black and has a sense of freshness. Observe the leaf bottom, the color is mostly black, brown and hard, and the taste is mellow.
- Yellow and white: the tea soup is slightly yellow, almost colorless. Observe the bottom of the leaves, which are black and hard and crisp like “carbon strips”. The taste is flat. It is Chinese Pu ‘erh tea that has been over-fermented and “heartburn”.
How to store Chinese Pu ‘erh tea?
Because the timeliness of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea is not so obvious, many people think that the storage of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea should be as strict as gold and silver jewelry. They often hear that he put the Chinese Pu ‘erh tea sent by others in a sealed glass jar, put it in the inner layer of the locker, and some even said it was frozen in the refrigerator.
In fact, the storage method of Chinese Pu ‘erh tea, which is usually used for drinking and in a small quantity, is very simple, that is, put it in a tea box or a cloth bag for storing Chinese Pu ‘erh tea, and then put the tea box or cloth bag in a ventilated and ventilated place, without peculiar smell, and can not be directly affected by moisture, which will not have any impact in the short term (half a year). For some Chinese Pu ‘erh tea lovers, they may encounter the tea with high cost performance by chance and buy a large number of tea at one time. In this case, there are two storage methods:
- If the delivery date of the purchased Chinese Pu ‘erh tea is less than half a year, the storage method does not need to be too deliberate to create storage environment space within one year, just like the above storage method. Because the cooked tea that leaves the factory for about half a year will be stored in a naturally ventilated space for about a year, and its nature will continue to be naturally transformed, which will not let the tea gas dissipate.
- If the tea purchased is more than 2 years old, the space for the natural conversion of its tea nature has been used up, and the storage method can be adjusted appropriately. For example, in a naturally ventilated, odorless and humid space, the space can be reduced as much as possible. If conditions permit, you can use a clean, odorless, and well-ventilated large pottery jar to put the cooked tea in it, so that the tea gas will not dissipate in 5 years. And the taste quality will gradually improve.